Monday, February 18, 2013

5 Senses - 18th Feb

Seeing:
Lots and lots of rain! We've had showers since Thursday night, with the majority of the rain happening at night, as well as all day yesterday and today. I love when it rains, especially after living in a rural area where we depended on regular storms to be able to shower and drink water.

Tasting:
The delights of overnight oats. It makes getting up in the mornings easier, plus it's tasty.
My combo? 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp honey, all mixed together and refrigerated for a minimum of 8 hours. Delish and healthy!

Hearing:
Lana Del Rey's "Born to Die" album and 360's album. Lana Del Rey causes me to reminisce on this time last year, where I was helping a dear friend with her heartache as well as trying not to dwell on my own boy issues. 360 is fast becoming my favourite rap artist (and for someone who cringed everytime her boyfriend at 16 played Eminem), and he was amazing at the recent Big Day Out festival I attended with my sister. I'm also loving MS MR at the moment.

Smelling:
The cleanness of my facial products. I recently purchased "Angels on Bare Skin" facial wash by Lush and have already started noticing the difference in my face. I also use witch hazel as an astringent, which has a sharp fragrance (most likely due to the alcohol in it), which also helps with the clean smell.

Feeling:
The softness of Tilly's fur, when she decides she wants to cuddle with me. She has some pretty soft and clean fur right now, and being slightly shaggy in appearance makes her oh so snuggly! She's off to get clipped again this week, as well as an operation to rule her out of baby-making (it's more for her benefit, as well as not subjecting more animals to the cruelty of a shelter)

(Idea borrowed with thanks from Dani at Sometimes Sweet - you should definitely check out her blog if you haven't already)

No comments:

Post a Comment