Saturday, June 9, 2012

Long-distance travellers

A common theme that's recurring amongst my core group of friends (for the last 8 years) is sojourns to Europe. Some short, others for quite long stretches.

One of my friends just renewed her visa so she can stay another two years, making it a total of four years. Two other friends disappeared earlier in the year for their two-year stays. Two more friends make the journey in July after spending several weeks in Europe last year on separate trips. Also of note, a friend of a friend is also in London, being there a year already.

Now it's my turn. I'm heading off in just over two weeks time to spend three glorious weeks away from work in the company of my mother. My mum and I are very alike in the way we travel. We pick particular things to do, as well as spontaneous things.

We are going to here.....


Then here....


Jet-setting off to here...

And then ending our trip here....
(all images sourced from weheartit.com, with original sources here, here, here and here)

I'm very excited, and the thought of being able to see one of my best friends again is also exciting (right near her birthday too, of all times!), so if I get time (and good WiFi), I shall attempt to blog from my iPhone, or at least upload some photos to keep you all entertained.

xxe

1 comment:

  1. so excited you are going over too (even just for a little bit). who knows it might inspire you to come back and stay longer (here's hoping).
    Tip: if you're in Rome on a Wednesday visit the Vatican City in the morning - the pope pops out to say hello!!! And if you visit the Lourve - enter through the side entrances by the road not at the glass pyramid; you'll skip the ques!! enjoy Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete